GD Satcom 1385 3.8M Ku-Band Tx/Rx Antenna System
The GD Satcom 1385 3.8M Ku-Band Tx/Rx Antenna System from GD Satcom replaces the long-trusted GD Satcom 1383 Series and is a quick and easily setup antenna for networks requiring a bit of extra gain, but not quite as much as a full earth station solution. The 1385 3.8M antenna can be installed by two people in one day.
GD Satcom 1385 Features
- Upgraded Integral rib design for higher frequency operation
- Increased strength for heavier radio and ODU equipment loads.
- Higher precision assembly and alignment from automated manufacturing processes.
- Field friendly installation without requirement for specialized tools.
- Anti-ice capability for use in cold climate and arctic environmental conditions.
- Optimized, 4-piece reflector design for maximum shipping efficiency.
- Upgradeable for high XPD performance.
The GD Satcom 1385 3.8M Tx/Rx Antenna has been designed to provide a reliable, long-life and trouble free antenna solution for demanding applications in the primary VSAT communications bands. Enhancements to this antenna design have improved the structural stability and surface tolerances of the reflector, offering growth potential for reliable communications up to Ka-band.
The antenna has been designed to meet the performance requirements of the major satellite service providers and regulatory agencies.
The mechanical design has been optimized for high efficiency packaging to reduce shipping costs. Material selections for the reflector significantly reduce the risk for shipping damage when compared to metal reflector solutions. Factory pre-assembly of critical components eliminates the requirement for complex assembly procedures in the field.